14.12.13

Homemade Kind-of-Healthy Pancakes Recipe!


So I decided to treat myself with a delicious brunch! So I made scrambled eggs, got fresh baked bread from the local bakery and made pancakes with fruit, jam and honey! And I decided to share my pancake-experiment recipe.

Before making: I do not know anything about cooking, and I'm probably the worst to take advice from about cooking. I made the pancakes as an experiment. A good-tasting experiment, but if you think they taste horrible, then... Well... I'm warning you. I have no idea, what I'm doing. Don't blame me if you start a fire or anything ^_____^

Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking: Eh... It took me about an hour, but I was also dancing around in the kitchen to Christmas music.
Quantity: 14 small pancakes


I love listening to music while cooking or baking




What you need:
300 ml of milk (I used Almond Dream Original +Calcium, because I like the taste better, than cow milk)
1 egg
2 bananas
100g of rolled oats
1 tbsp of acacia honey (You can also you other types of sweetener)
25g of cinnamon (Less can do too, but I like cinnamon ^___^)
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda







The mixture might look a little lumped and disgusting, but they taste good. Try to mash the bananas as much as possible.

UPDATE (February 14. 2014) : I can recommend to blend the bananas before adding them to the mix, to get them fine and even!


You can also chop some apple pieces and mix it with the rest

Now what?:
1) Whisk egg
2) Add milk
3) Chop bananas into small pieces
4) Add banana pieces, acacia honey and cinnamon
5) Mix together
6) Add oats and baking soda
7) Mix together again!
8) Turn on stove on medium heat
9) Make pancakes!
9,5) Dance happily around, because you didn't start a fire or anything!
........... If you did start a fire, then don't dance happily around. Call 911 or something...



Extras (Optional): When the pancakes are done, you can add berries, fruit, chocolate sauce, maple syrup, Nutella, peanutbutter or what you prefer - I love adding black current jam, melon, berries and pineapple to my pancakes! Yum!


Nutrition in one pancake:
Calories: 61
Fat: 0.7g
- Saturated: 0.2g
- Unsaturated: 0.5g
Sodium: 4.4mg
Carbs: 10.1g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sugars: 3.8g
Protein: 1.7g


I hope you like them and don't get sick or anything...
Well... I eat them all the time, and I'm perfectly fine... or...








No comments:

Post a Comment