12.6.14

Reaction to The Fault in Out Stars Movie // Review

http://mazedays.blogspot.com/2014/06/reaction-to-fault-in-out-stars-movie.html

I'm a horrible, horrible, horrible person. I haven't posted in an entire week - BUT I got A+ in physics and Danish litterature! Hallelujah! I'm literally posting this 10 minutes past midnight three hours after I watched the movie. I'm still a horrible person, though... Anyway I just watched TFiOS MOVIE! I WAS LITERALLY SCREAMING, LAUGHING AND CRYING ALL THE TIME AND AT THE SAME TIME. This is not going to be a biased post at all....

 'Ello!

Warning: I'm in a very sensitive and unstable condition right now - So what you're now going to read is exactly the thoughts running through my head - which is a very messed up place. Now you're warned - You can go on.

If you have never heard of "The Fault in Our Stars" (where have you been?) it's a book written by John Green, which is now also a movie. If you haven't read it. Read it. If you haven't seen it. See it. Don't be all like: "don' tell me what to do" on me. Just watch or read it. Okay? Okay. (Get it? Huh? No? K....)

The movie is not only about a teenage girl telling a sad story about cancer. It's a story about being thankful, about love, about life, about family. John Green writes in this spectacular way I find hard to describe. He writes like a human being. His characters are so real and you can relate to them - even though you're not struggling with cancer. He writes stuff that you think you understand, but then you read it again and you don't understand anything at all. It's so understandable, but then again it isn't. My understanding of John Green is a paradox. As I wrote before hard to describe...

The movie is really funny too, so if you hate all those 'movies-that-wants-to-know-you-have-a-humanity' then there's something for you too. I was laughing and crying at the same time - and I'll never get tired of the jokes, the puns, the not-serious atmosphere between kids who're going/not going to die.


“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”

John Green is my favorite writer by far, and I've read a couple of his books - and every time I'm done reading a book and I sit there doubting every decision I've ever made in my entire life. So after I saw the film adaption of the book I had a lot of feelings towards it. In the beginning when I heard they where going to make the book into a film I was thinking: This is a mistake. This is an extremely big mistake. It's going to suck. It's going to be the worst movie and I'm going to hate all movies ever made since.

Then the featurette came out (which I wrote about HERE) and I saw the trailer (which I wrote about HERE) and my expectation began getting bigger. The movie came out in Denmark June 12. I watched the movie June 11, but since it came out in The US June 6 I can't really say I saw it as one of the firsts. That doesn't matter - I'm rambling again.

The only word I think describes the movie is breathtaking. I began screaming (inside) when I saw the movie was about to start, and I just smiled, cried and I felt every feeling you're able to feel. The acting was beautiful. Shailene and Ansel's chemistry was beautiful. The scenes were beautiful. The music was beautiful. The story is beautiful. Everything was freaking beautiful! I swear everyone at the cinema cried in the end of the movie. Loud. I heard adult men cry. I also felt like crying my eyeballs out - I tried to keep myself together, but let's be honest that didn't go well. I counted 12 girls who were still crying, when the movie was over. I was way to shaken up to react. I just sat there watching the credits. I was paralyzed.

 “I believe the universe wants to be noticed. I think the universe is inprobably biased toward the consciousness, that it rewards intelligence in part because the universe enjoys its elegance being observed. And who am I, living in the middle of history, to tell the universe that it-or my observation of it-is temporary?”

Of course when you make a film adaption on a movie you cut something out - or else the movie would be extremely long - and I think the makers of the film ended up prioritizing right. They choose all the most important things - in my opinion - and I'm very glad, that they didn't end up cutting the most beautiful and heartbreaking parts. There where still some parts and quotes which I was really sad, that they missed out. The movie will never be as good as the book, so I would defiantly recommend reading the book too. The story is so beautiful and strong alone, which is defiantly one of the biggest reason I liked the movie so much.

“The world is not a wish-granting factory.”

I still think the movie was way to quickly over even though it was 2 hours long - but I wished it could keep on forever. I'm actually going to the cinema again this week to watch it again. I know... movie tickets are quite expensive, but I'm willingly to sacrifice the $16/£9.7/€12 to watch it one last time before it comes out on DVD.

If you're a very sensitive person who cries easily - Bring a tissue. Tissues. I teared up so many times - and I don't usually cry at movies. There will be a lot of heartbreaking scenes and if you've read the book and know how it ends - you can't stop having that in your back head. The movie felt so real to me. It's like you feel the pain, the struggle and the happiness. The cinematography was extremly well done - and if I could one day produce a movie like that I would be proud. Good work.

“But it is the nature of stars to cross, and never was Shakespeare more wrong than when he has Cassius note, ‘The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars / But in ourselves.”

If I was one of those hardcore people who reviewed movie I would give it 5 stars out of 5. Of course I'm extremely biased - why shouldn't I be? It's my favorite author's book made into a movie. If you haven't seen it yet you need to watch it.

You're a colD INSENSITIVE SON OF A HEARTLESS PERSON IF YOU SAW THE MOVIE AND DIDN'T CRY, FEEL SAD OR ANY EMOTION AT ALL IN THE ENTIRE MOVIE AND I'M JUDGING YOU. WHAT KIND OF A HUMAN BEING ARE YOU?

I'm kidding, you're probably a good human-being after all - My feelings are just everywhere right now.

Have you watched The Fault in Our Stars movie yet? Let me know in the comment section belooooooooow! Night! xx

post signature
 
Love you all and have a great super amazing day! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment