1.7.14

The Last Goodbye // My Life

http://mazedays.blogspot.com/2014/07/last-goodbye.html

I graduated! And I said goodbye to my school, the teachers and my classmates. Summer officially starts now! I went to the amusement park with two of my good friends to say one last proper goodbye.

Hiiiiii!

SUMMER VACATION OFFICIALLY STARTS NOW! Or... Actually it already started Friday, but the point is I have summer vacation now! No school until mid August! 

Graduation
I graduated! As you might know from previous posts or my Twitter or Instagram I've been pretty excited for my graduation. I've been counting down hours and minutes, and now it's finally over. I got chosen to represent my class and speak at graduation, which I was really excited about, and the speech went really well.

I was the first person to speak in front of whole crowd, but I weren't really nervous - I was just very energetic and hyped - or what I answer, when people ask me if I'm nervous: "not mentally prepared for this". When I stood at the podium my legs began shaking like crazy, but fortunately nobody even noticed. I was scared, that I was going to collapse, but luckily I didn't.

At graduation I was wearing a short white dress with black flowers, white cardigan from H&M and black heels from Ecco. I flattened my hair and wore some light make up. No foundation, powder or crazy lipstick. 

I'm usually not a person who loves hearing myself talk all the time, but I was really happy that I got the opportunity to speak at graduation. It was an honor and I'm very grateful.   After all the classes and the principle had been speaking it was time for getting our diplomas, and I was almost screaming, when we had to get up on the stage.

[FYI: I've decided to put a flower on my friends' face, because I'm not sure they would like to be exposed to the entire internet. I hope you understand - It's not because I hate them or anything haha! xx]

After I finished the speech I didn't want to get down from the podium. I sound really selfish, but I really enjoyed talking up there. I'm usually not a person who loves hearing myself talk all the time, but I was really happy that I got the opportunity to speak at graduation. It was an honor and I'm very grateful. 

After all the classes and the principle had been speaking it was time for getting our diplomas, and I was almost screaming, when we had to get up on the stage. I WAS REAAAAAALY EXCITED! You can clearly see that in my face.

the principal handing me my diploma and my grades - and of course I have my phone and the speech in my other hand (Classic, Cindy... Classic)... But look at how happy I am in the pictures!  I look crazy, but I JUST GOT MY DIPLOMA! What's not to be crazy about?  The last couple of weeks have been so crazy and hectic. Now it's finally over and I'm even more crazy!

The pictures above is of the principal handing me my diploma and my grades - and of course I have my phone and the speech in my other hand (Classic, Cindy... Classic)... But look at how happy I am in the pictures!

I look crazy, but I JUST GOT MY DIPLOMA! What's not to be crazy about? I just finished compulsory school and in about 1,5 month I'm heading to The US. The last couple of weeks have been so crazy and hectic. Now it's finally over and I'm even more crazy!

Grades
My grades were pretty good. I'm not really sure how the grade system works in different parts of the world, but in Denmark you get 2 different grades. One for how you have been doing the entire year, like how much you say in classes, how much you understand and stuff like that. Those grades are decided by the teacher alone. I only got A's and B's in that category.

Then we also get grades for our written and oral examinations - the examinations I've been doing the last month. Those grades are decided by your own teacher and another teacher from another school, who (kind of) negotiate about your grade. I got mostly A's, few B's and one C. So I'm quite satisfied. I got the C in written geography, and I even thought that it went really good - Unfortunately not what I had expected, but I'm satisfied. 

The Day After Graduation
The day after graduation I went to the amusement park with two of my best friends. We've been in the same class together for the last 3 years - We started and ended together, so it was like the last real time just the three of us, where we got to say a proper goodbye.

We actually invited the entire class, but they were probably lying at home having hangovers - or went to work or just didn't want to be with us... (Trying not to judge....)

It was an amazing day. We ate a lot, laughed a lot and tried a lot of rides. There were all of these people dressed up as cartoon figures and animals, and of course I had to take a picture with every one of them haha! But hey, if there stands a man dressed up as a moose you got to take a picture with him.

I know everybody promises after graduation, that they will keep in contact and always be friends - and I would love that - but to be honest I know we won't. It's not like we don't want to keep in touch for the rest of our life. Life goes on, and soon we will all begin different things, new adventures and new lives are waiting. People change - Especially from 9th to 12th grade. I know we will probably see each other some time in the future, but it will never be the same again as the beginning of 7th grade. The first day we all met.

I knew, that the day at the amusement park after graduation, would be one of the last real memories we would make together. It is sometimes difficult growing up and letting people go, but sometimes you need to accept how it is. I always think it's easier to find a perfect quote to explain what I mean:

I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity. I wouldn't trade it for the world. You gave me forever within a numbered days, and I'm grateful.

- John Green, The Fault in Our Stars 

(Quoting The Fault in Our Stars - Classic, huh?)

As long as they are happy, I'm happy, and I am indeed thankful for all the memories and all the times I can look back at. Crazy, funny and weird stories, and they will forever be remembered. I wouldn't be able to tell my grandchildren about my childhood without mentioning those two crazy, lovely weirdos. Another story to be remembered xx

You can check out some pictures from the trip on my Instagram: @MazeDays.

Currently
I'm currently at dance camp - It's really great, but tough... It's a camp where you're able to try a lot of different dance styles. In two days I've already tried three types of hip hop, ballet, house, jazz and much more. The camp ends Friday.

I had never tried ballet before today, and well... respect to all the ballerinas in the entire world. It went really good in the beginning with plie and all the simple steps.

But then my teacher was like: "and then your leg does this, while your arms goes like this..." and I didn't even know legs could do that! I thought I had an okay good balance - I realized I didn't, but I tried, and it was really fun... I'm not THAT flexible. There's a lot of new things to learn, and I try hard to keep up with all the talented dancers, but I'm just having fun and laugh at my mistakes. Correction: Respect to all flexible, balance-talented people in the entire world. 


post signature
 
Love you all and have a great super amazing day! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment