26.10.14

My Writing Process // Tag


Every writer is different. Every blogger is different. In general we are all just different people and we all do things differently. I was tagged to make a post about how I write, my secret projects and my writing process. I really hope and think you are going to enjoy this week's post. Just sayin' you should go check it out.

Hiluuuuu!

I was actually tagged July 24 to do this tag, but then everything happened and BAM I was sitting in California. The time is moving so fast already, and I have actually wanted to do this tag for awhile now, so a big thank you to Jasey Jade for tagging me. I loved her answers. You should go check them out too! Of course only if you want to...... but I think you want to. Actually I know you want to, because I know you and you are amazing. I am already starting to move away from the topic. Focus, Cindy, focus.

~ · ~ 

What are you working on?
Currently I am working on a blog project called Bloggers Group Hug, which you will hear a lot more about next week! ;-)

I also started again on some fiction writing, because I have had these characters in my head for years (literally years), but I can't place them in a storyline, but now it is like my head is filled with ideas for this story, and now I can't stop writing!

I am also working on making better quality blog posts and trying to balance everything with school and social life. I really hope you understand that I also want to enjoy my time in California, because I am already half way through my journey here and I still have so many things I need to do! This is probably one of the first times where my blog hasn't been on my top priorities. 

I don't know if I am supposed to say or even feel sorry. Please, don't misunderstand me I still LOVE to blog and write and I still want to continue with this for who knows how long, but I am having an one-time time experience and I am developing so much - not only academically but also as a person, so I just want to enjoy and learn as much as possible for the time I have left here (less than 2 months left already!).

When I go back to Denmark I will have a lot more energy and focus to make quality posts and I promise you I am not letting go on this blog so easily. I will post more frequently, and keep both you guys, but also myself happy. In 2015 I really want to start making some more blog post series, because I think it is fun to expand and explore a topic/experience closer.

I hope you understand. 

How does your work differ from others of it's genre?
I am really focusing a lot on making the blog posts sound down to earth. I don't want to try to sound overly professional or formal, but still make it sound like I know what I am doing and what I am trying to say. I really want my readers to know, that I have put a lot of consideration and thoughts into my posts and make sure, they know that I am not just doing this because I have to, but because I want to. A lot of bloggers make a lot of one paragraph posts where they write about their perfect lives. I want to add more depth and contrast to MazeDays, but still be able to write about all the random, crazy and amazing things that are happening in my life.

Why do you write what you do?
Because it makes me happy. Writing just makes sense to me somehow. I love creating content. It is challenging, creative and mentally developing. I have so many thoughts, opinions and things I have to share and there are still so many things I want to learn. Travelling has always been one of my biggest passions, so it was natural to just share my experiences and my thoughts about other countries and cultural differences. I have also always had these really crazy thoughts and opinions about life, people, society, etc. I guess I was tired of people telling me to stop thinking about all those things and just let them be.

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say,"
- F. Scott Fitzgerald 

How does your writing process work? 
I am a really organized person, but when it comes to my blog posts I usually just sit down and write. I like when I already have taken a picture for my blog posts, because it helps me get started with a topic. Not like now, where I didn't have any type of related photo. I am sorry about that by the way.

Sometimes I just sit down and start writing random thoughts that passes through my head. Then I might do some research about the topic if I find it necessary. I don't think I have a specific writing process. I just do what seems natural. Maybe I get a blog post idea when I'm going for a walk, waiting for the bus, at work or in school. I always remember to type the idea or the thought down on my phone or write it one a piece of paper, because I can forget ideas so easily.

Music is good to get my mind started generating thoughts, because it really set my mood and how I am going to tackle a thought. I usually start writing very late in the evening and I just end up sitting for hours. Listening to music at night also make me think differently. I don't know why, but when I pass a specific time it is like my head wakes up and I can't stop writing.

It is also very important for me to know that I have the time to write. I am not one of those people who can just write a blog post in 10 minutes. I need time to write. I can't force myself to write for three hours straight if I don't want to. If I need a break I will give myself a break. I want to manage my own time, but also if I want to write for three hours straight I want to be able to do that.

To sum everything up I think my writing process essentials are: inspiration. Music. Time. Freedom.

I tag all of you!
I really liked doing this tag, so if you want to do it DO IT and link your post in a comment below! I would love to read your answers, especially because I would like to know what goes through the head of other writers and why they do it. I really love the 'why do you write what you do?' question, because even though it was easy to answer I have never really thought about it. 

post signature
 
Love you all and have a great super amazing day! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment