6.12.14

The Christmas Tag // Tag


18 days until Christmas! ARE YOU GUYS EXCITED YET? Maybe not... Maybe you hate Christmas or don't celebrate Christmas at all, BUT that doesn't mean we can't eat a lot of good food and dance around a tree, right? Merry Christmas everybody! This week's post is The Christmas Tag where I answer questions about my favourite things about Christmas and my Christmas traditions. 


Hiluuuuu!


So I saw this amazing tag that fits the season perfectly, so these are my answers to the Christmas tag, and I tag all of you to do this or just answer your 1-3 favourite questions in the comment section below, because I love to hear about how other people celebrate Christmas. Some of my American friends eat lasagne for Christmas! What? You can actually do that?! It sounds really good, though... 

~ · ~

What is you favourite Christmas movie?
The Home Alone movies. I used to watch them when I was younger with my mom. I haven't watched them for years now, but I really want to now. 

Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Christmas Eve, because that is how we roll!

Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
I think all of my Christmases when I was younger were absolutely magical. I walked around exciting preparing for the guests, helped my mom out in the kitchen, decorated a little bit more, helped my dad clear the snow from the driveway, etc. Just all of the small things, I guess, are my favourite Christmas memories.

As a kid what was the one gift you always asked for, but never received?
I always wished for an electronic racetrack from HotWheels.

Favourite Christmas gift?
Last year I got 3 UNICEF "Inspired Gifts" from my family, where you get a piece of paper which says that your family member have donated an amount of money for a special cause. Go check it out here: UK Website & US website. Made me more happy than a HotWheels racetrack ever would (or I guess we will never know.)

Favourite Christmas scent?
I love the scent of tangerines, roasted pork or hot chocolate. They are just the smell of Christmas, no doubt!

Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
I don't have any specific Christmas Eve traditions other than the normal Danish traditions. We eat roasted pork or duck (I prefer duck) with white- and caramelised potatoes, gravy and red cabbage. 

For dessert we eat risalamande with hot cherry sauce for desert. Risalamande is a Danish cold Christmas dessert made out of rice pudding, whipped creme, vanilla and chopped almond. We usually put one whole almond in the big bowl in between the chopped almonds and the person who gets the whole almond will get a gift provided by the host. Normally we play it where you have to hide the almond in your mouth until everyone is finished eating and then you have to guess who got the almond.

After all of the good food we dance around our Christmas tree in a big circle, sing Christmas songs and run around in all of the rooms while singing with one leading and the rest of us behind in a big chain. Woaw... It sounds so weird when you read it out loud.

Afterwards we open up our presents, clean up, might drink some tea or coffee and the guests usually leave at around midnight and 1am.

What tops your tree?
A really old cheap glitter plastic star, but we have had it my entire life. It was what my parents bought for their first Christmas, and even though it is not the prettiest or most beautiful thing to top the Christmas tree I still like it.

What is the best part about Christmas for you?
Watching Christmas movies with a lot of blankets, drinking hot chocolate or tea, making Christmas cookies, snowball fights, Lucia procession, listening to Christmas songs, candles and all of the other typical sugarcoated Christmas things. I am sorry I'm such a cliché. 

post signature
 
Love you all and merry Christmas!

PS. As you can see my host family's plastic Christmas tree has some height problems with that star kissing the ceiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment