30.8.14

First Week in California // Traveling


Just a quick funny update from my first week in California. I'm writing about my experience with my elective, ornamental horticulture, and my FIRST AMERICAN FOOTBALL GAME!

Hiluuuuu!

So my first week in California was really long. I've met so many new people, teachers, new subjects and learned a lot already. American high-school is tough. We have so much homework to do already, so I haven't really had the chance to explore that much of California yet. 

Before we started we had to chose an elective. We could chose between 10 different elective. I chose multimedia, but because there were too many on that elective already I got ornamental horticulture. It's basically the science of plants and agriculture. The school have a farm and a big garden with homegrown tomatoes, pumpkins, etc. And I thought this was going to be so fun - even though I don't know anything about agriculture, plants or biology.... BUT in the first class we were going to de presentations and I was just like: 'whatwhatwhatwhatwhat'. My group and I got the topic 'irrigation'... 
Yup. You read correct. Irrigation. We're going to talk in 5 minutes about irrigation. We also got to see a dead sheep getting picked up by Animal Services. But I actually also got two nice American friends, so that's nice. I'm just going to take all the good, weird and bad things on this trip and make them into good memories and stories to tell.

I also got to see an American football game and it was probably one of the greatest experiences so far (even though I've only been here for a week). The atmosphere were amazing with real high school spirit and everything. The school's team won 23 - 12. I also learned that football is just as much a social event as a sports event. I talked with so many people (and took a lot of pictures). It was such a great experience. 

I have so much homework I need to do - I've never had so much homework ever and I'm getting stressed out with all of things I need to do and I almost passed out the other day - but no need to worry! I'll get through it. So I'm truly sorry that my posts are not scheduled. I'm just going to write when I have time or something I want to tell all of you. I'm also going to do a post about my experiences with the American school system and a lot of culture differences. 

Remember to follow me on Instagram where I post a lot of pictures of my trip! 


post signature
 
Love you all and have a great super amazing day! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment