17.7.16

My 95 hours in The Netherlands // Traveling


My second 95 hours are in The Netherlands! I have been to The Netherlands twice, once in Amsterdam in 2010 and Amsterdam/Rotterdam in 2015, so this post is more about what I have seen and would love to experience again. 

Hello again,

'My 95 hours' is a list of things I want to see or do – or have seen or done – in 95 hours in a certain country or city. The goal is to get to know more about the countries/cities and get to know some of the opportunities there are when traveling. If you have any suggestions or maybe you have been there and want to share your experiences, you can leave it as a comment below.

This week we're going to The Netherlands!

~ · ~


1. Anne Frank museum
First up on my list is the house of Anne Frank. Most likely the most touristy attraction there is in The Netherlands, but absolutely worth the while (in my opinion). It gives such a great insight to the life at war from the perspective of a young woman. I began to read The Diary of Anne Frank. I bought at the museum in 2010, and I couldn't put the book down for the rest of the vacation. Guys. That same vacation went to Disneyland in Paris, but I had that book with me all the time. The museum is WORTHWHILE.

Website: www.annefrank.org/en/Museum/


2. Keukenhof Tulip Fields

It is beautiful. It is like Disneyland for Tulip lovers. As the obnoxious teenager I acted to be back in 2015 (last year) I really didn't want to go in the beginning, but I am glad I did, because everything there was breathtaking. It is heart stabbingly beautiful ho

Keep in mind that Keukenhof's Tulip Fields are only opened seasonally. According to their website they are open between 23th of March until 21st of May in 2017.

Website: www.keukenhof.nl/en


3. I AMsterdam letters
It is basically just some big letters saying I AMsterdam letters, but they make a great Instagram photo and is right next to the Van Gogh Museum at the Museumplein in Amsterdam. It is like Amsterdam's answer to the Hollywood sign. Do not bash it, just go there and take a photo.


Address: just realised they are able to move the letters around, so do some Googling to figure out where they are! The latest news about the letters I found was this website with some information: www.iamsterdam.com/en/visiting/about-amsterdam/i-amsterdam-letters




4. Van Gogh Museum

The impressionist painter most known for the painting, 'Starry Night'. No secret I love the paintings of Van Gogh. He is my favourite painter of all time and in my opinion the most important painter ever existed. Take bias into consideration. I do not even attempt to hide my love for the paintings of Van Gogh. I have a huge poster of my favourite paintings of his, two mugs with the sunflowers and irises, and even a tote bag. I have no shame. I REALLY have no shame.

Anyway remember, no photographs of the paintings. I saw a woman nearly getting tackled by three security guards and she was forced to delete the pictures she took on her phone.

So if you're not a art gallery nerd or hate museums then what kind of human are you this may not be for you.

Website: www.vangoghmuseum.nl/en













5. Cube Houses in Rotterdam

In Rotterdam they have the immensely horrific houses shaped in a yellow cube, but for architectural interested humans or just out to see something different outside of Amsterdam – THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE.

They don't have their own website for tour admission, but I found another website with some useful information and tips.

Website: www.viator.com/Rotterdam-attractions/Cube-Houses-Kubuswoningen/d4211-a13133









~ · ~

Have you ever been to the Netherlands? If you haven't then you better start saving up now, because a European tour without beautiful Netherlands, is not a real tour of Europe.

Love,


Twitter | Tumblr | Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment