10.8.16

School has started, let the countdown begin // Life


Just a quick update about life. I have missed just being able to write what is going on in my head and what is happening around me. So first day of school in my senior year and in less than a year I will be graduating – I can't wait! The count down begins!

Hello again,

I had my alarm set to 7am, but I woke up about 25 minutes in 7 – I think I have an inner fear of alarm clocks, so my body just miraculously wakes up before the alarm. Anyway, I got out of bed at 7 and I was like: 'No. It is not possible for any human being to wake up at this time at the day'. For a whole second I actually believed it was some alternative reality, because the sky was so clear light blue and I thought 'this is not real'. It was quite the adventure to wake up this morning... Woaw... After, what may sound like some head trauma, I got myself to the bathroom, washed my face and put on my contacts. Everything between waking up and going to school was quite ordinary – I was about to fall down the stairs (again), but that was all.

~ · ~

Today, we had 30 minutes of morning assembly and then 2 classes of 100 modules each – one in English and the last one in Business Law. English nearly killed me, and I am planning to study English Literature after my gap year, but right now I can't even imagine having English class 3 - 4 times a week. Business Law, which is one of my newest classes, sounded so exciting. We got 3 chapters to read about law and the EU, courts of law and public law. When we went over the curriculum for this year (there's A LOT by the way) and it seems like I need to do a lot of reading, because I have no idea how to study for this class elsewise.

Is it really bad for me if I say I didn't miss anyone? It is not like I don't like any of my classmates or they are bad people – they are really good people and everything, it just seems like I have just seen them and now they are there again! Sitting still for 100 minutes I haven't missed either – Woaw – 100 minutes feels like hell when you're in it.

~ · ~

I only have one class tomorrow, so it's quite manageable. They say that third year is a lot easier than second year, so I really hope the words speak truth, because I was planning on taking some extra jobs and do some more writing. I spend a lot of my summer writing, and I am actually really proud of myself. I read somewhere that if you write everyday, you get better at it – and I went through some of the poems I had written a while ago and it was cringeworthy. I don't even know. I love writing and I think that I am currently writing some really good things compared to what I used to, but what do I know hahah they may all be shit.  

This school year I will focus on school, work, writing, my friends and myself – not in any particular order. Every year I tell myself this is going to be the year where I am confident, I know what I want and I know how I'm going to get it, but half ways through the year I am always like 'what is this? what is life? who am I?'

I really feel like I'm just counting down months, days, hours until graduation, but still trying to convince myself to enjoy it before it's over(?) I think I have already reached the 'what is this? what is life?' phase – This school year is going to be great hahah!

~ · ~

Anyway – I went 8 hours to Brussels a couple of weeks ago on a spontaneous road trip with my father and I can't wait to share it with you. I really liked Brussels and I hope I will visit again soon! This post is just one big excuse to not start reading those 3 chapters of homework – Oh God... Procrastination, my middle name. 

Just a quick update.

See you soon,

No comments:

Post a Comment