25.7.16

These Are A Few of My Favourite Things: ART // Life


So these are a few of my favourite things when we are talking about ART! I wanted to collect all of my favourite things, but I have quite a lot of things I love about this world. My favourite art list contains favourite book, writer, film, TV-show, comedy TV-show, painter, composer, symphonies and fight song.


Hello again,

My favourite book being 'Looking for Alaska' by John Green, where my favourite writers being Franz Kafka, Haruki Murakami, Charles Dickens and John Green

My favourite film (and yes, I call them films, not movies. Judge me) is the entire Bridget Jones series. Just because all of the stupid and embarrassing things I have done will possible never overdo Miss Jones. My other favourite films being 'The Perks of Being A Wallflower', 'What Maisie Knew', 'Forrest Gump', and 'This is Where I Leave You'. They are all dramas and quite melancholic, but I think what I love most about them is that they are all a film about human relations. It is not plot-driven, but shows strong different and complex characters. Add that up with some good writing and a tad of emotional drama and I am good to go! 

My favourite TV-shows of all time being Doctor Who (yes, I'm a geek, I know), but... No. I can't even describe it. We have incredible complex, amazing and beautifully written characters (mostly) + a superlative plot. I have A LOT of other tv-shows I love to watch – Don't even get me started I could talk for hours.

My favourite comedy TV-shows are Modern Family, Friends and How I Met Your Mother, respectively. 

My favourite painter is Vincent Van Gogh. My interest in Van Gogh, his life, his paintings and art in general began in fifth grade, when I was introduced to impressionism in my art class. We had to watch a film about his life and make an analysis of one of his paintings. I chose 'Tournesols', also known as 'Sunflowers' or '12 Sunflowers in A Vase'. Fun fact, I even have the painting as a poster by the entrance in my apartment. Another fun fact, the name of this blog, Writing Sunflowers, was inspired by that same painting. "Wooooaw, the crazy wannabe blogger has lost her mind!" 

My second and third favourite painters are Edvard Munch and Claude Monet. Impressionism is just all me. My favourite Munch being a drawing named 'The Hands' from 1895 and Monet' being an oil painting named 'La Gare Saint-Lazare' from 1877.

My two favourite composers are Ludovico Einaudi ('Experience' as my favourite symphony) and Alan Silvestri (such a cliché, but 'You're No Different' from the Forrest Gump movie being my favourite). Love them.

My fight song being 'Rise Up' by Andra Day. 

~ · ~





No comments:

Post a Comment